Virtually every Disneyland ride and attraction will change in some way to accommodate the new normal of COVID-19 health and safety protocols when the Anaheim theme parks reopen following an extended coronavirus closure.
Visitors returning to Disneyland will find social distancing measures stretching from attraction queues to the rides themselves with extensive sanitization measures throughout the park.
Disney’s Anaheim theme parks remain closed until further notice while they await still-unreleased reopening guidelines from the state amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
Disneyland and Disney California Adventure are expected to follow the lead of Disney’s recently reopened Florida parks and implement many of the same changes — with some variations due to unique circumstances in Anaheim. In some cases, the changes to Disneyland attractions will be striking while in others they will be nearly invisible.
Disney World visitors returned in mid-July to find social distancing markers on the ground of virtually every attraction queue and 4,000 hand sanitizing stations located throughout the 47-square-mile theme park resort. Social distancing concerns have forced Disney World to keep parades, nighttime spectaculars, shows and even a few attractions closed.
We’ve compiled a comprehensive list of changes expected to come to 56 Disneyland and Disney California Adventure rides, attractions and shows based on health and safety measures instituted at the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney’s Animal Kingdom and Disney’s Hollywood Studios theme parks in Florida.
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
1) Rise of the Resistance — Plexiglass dividers have been installed in the queue with the line for the attraction stretching into backstage areas of Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Numbered markers on the ground indicate where riders should stand in the pre-show segments of the attraction. Only one family or party is allowed in each vehicle during the dark ride portion of the Rise of the Resistance attraction.
2) Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run — Riders no longer stop and gather to watch the Hondo Ohnaka audio-animatronic pre-show for the Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run attraction. Cast members no longer hand out boarding cards indicating whether riders are pilots, gunners or engineers. Only one family or party is allowed in each Millennium Falcon cockpit.
3) Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters — Every other clamshell-style ride vehicle is left empty to maintain social distancing within the Space Ranger Spin attraction at the Magic Kingdom.
4) Star Tours — Every other row is blocked on the Star Tours motion simulator. Plexiglass dividers mounted to repurposed child car seats and secured to some seats inside the StarSpeeder 3000 help maintain separation between riders.
5) Astro Orbitor — Hand sanitizer stations are available after using the high-touch up and down levers inside the spaceship cockpits.
6) Space Mountain — Plexiglass dividers are used throughout the queue.
7) Autopia — Hand sanitizer stations await drivers at the end of the Tomorrowland Speedway queue at the Magic Kingdom. Disneyland’s Autopia cars feature the same high-touch steering wheels. To promote social distancing, Speedway riders are prevented from approaching their vehicles until the previous drivers exit.
8) Disneyland Monorail — Vinyl partitions hang between seating sections to keep parties separated.
9) Dumbo …read more
Source:: The Mercury News – Lifestyle