The Islamic State has claimed responsibility on Saturday for the London Bridge knife terror attack on Friday, where two were killed and three wounded.
The Islamic State has yet to offer any proof of its claim.
The groups said the attacks is a result of the Islamic State’s call to action against the coalition of nations fighting against it.
Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The Islamic State claimed responsibility on Saturday for the Friday London Bridge knife terror attack where two people were killed and three wounded, according to Reuters.
The Islamic State’s Amaq news agency said it was one of its soldiers who carried out the attack, but it hasn’t offered any proof.
The attack a result of a call to action by the Islamic State to target the nations in the coalition fighting against the Islamic State, it said.
The attacker, 28-year-old Usman Khan was known to police before the attack, as he had a criminal record that included acts of terrorism.
Khan was previously part of a group of men charged in 2010 with plotting to attack the London Stock Exchange and later pleaded guilty to trying to raise money to build an Arabic educational institution in Kashmir that would provide firearms training.
The heroic civilian who helped police tackle the London Bridge attacker says he was ‘just a Londoner doing his bit’
Police have identified the London Bridge terror suspect as Usman Khan. He had previously been jailed for terrorism-related offenses.
2 victims are dead and a suspect was killed by police in a London terror incident. Here’s how the attack unfolded.
The London Bridge terror attack shows why really strict gun control is a very, very good idea
SEE ALSO: 2 victims are dead and a suspect was killed by police in a London terror incident. Here’s how the attack unfolded.
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: People are still debating the pink or grey sneaker, 2 years after it went viral. Here’s the real color explained.
Source:: Business Insider